My Turn In The Kitchen

29 December 2011


Yesterday I finally got to spend a bit of time in the kitchen again. It's a comfortable place to be; even more so if preparing a Christmas spread for visiting family. Christmas Day itself was spent with my family and yesterday was David's family day. For those that came early afternoon I made a batch of Beetroot & Apple Soup which I served with Cheddar & Poppy Seed Scones. Afters was a stroll along the beach. Come the early evening there was six of us plus the kids. I did a vegetarian supper that consisted of individual Squash & Sage Pithivier's, a Tahini-dressed Courgette & Green Bean Salad (from my new favourite cook book; River Cottage Veg Everyday by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall), Roasted Red Peppers with Pomegranate & Capers and to finish An Iced Nougat & Raspberry Terrine. The best thing about it? Apart from the side dishes, I'd made it all before Christmas, so it was just a case of remembering to get things out of the freezer. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment