Back On Home Turf

31 August 2011



Doesn't time fly? Our annual holiday gone in a flash. We're now home and settling back into our usual routine with a familiar ease. I must say though that I do feel somewhat rested; or as rested as you can be after a holiday with two children. We had a lovely time, the weather was mostly kind and we managed to fit in everything we wanted to do. In my last post I spoke of returning back brimming with creative ideas for the blog. I really must have relaxed as I've come back with nothing but a blank note book and a lot of photographs. So to get back into the swing of things, I thought I'd share with you some of my photographs. I hope that is not too naff ... it's like the modern day version of inviting friends over for a slide show of your holiday snaps isn't it?

Our base camp in Cornwall was a lovely barn conversion / cottage called 'Rowan' which is on South Tofrey Farm in Golant, near Fowey. We stayed there last year and it ticked every box, hence our return. David and I enjoyed the solitude and views (the sunsets were amazing), whilst Lily and Arthur enjoyed everything the farm had to offer. Our day's soon took on a holiday routine. Every morning after breakfast the kids would go to the hobby farm with bread for the ducks and chickens, salad leaves for the rabbits and any leftovers for the pigs. They'd then find their much-loved new friend Sparkles the farm cat. Once we had torn the kids away from the animals we would either head to Polkerris Beach to enjoy the sand, sea and ice cream or take a short trip out to Fowey for a boat trip, an indulgent cream tea and some time on the quaint little beach there. We had days out too, such as a trip to the Eden Project, but I'll save that and more for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment