Photographs Of My Favourite Place - Part 2 ...

29 May 2011











To me, Steephill looks like it jumped straight out of the pages of an Enid Blyton book. The Cove is edged with chocolate box cottages, a few stripy beach huts, pretty gardens and a couple of small cafes offering up homemade local food. I remember as a child we'd sometimes treat ourselves to lunch from the cafe. We'd get a tray and take it down to the beach to eat - plates of sandwiches, homemade cakes and pots of tea complete with knitted tea cosies. If it was a bit chilly we'd eat in the covered area of the cafe that shielded you from the wind, but not the amazing view.

At the beach last weekend, after the children had a quick play in the sand and a good dose of fresh air, we retreated to the Steephill Cove Cafe for Ice Creams, Rock Cakes and Coffee. I still love to go to the cafe - it's all part of the Steephill experience for me. It has had many owners over the years, but they have always sold Rock Cakes. Coincidence? I'm not sure. But I like it - it's rather comforting. In fact I wouldn't consider eating a Rock Cake anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment