A Birthday ...

1 March 2011



When I woke this morning, I knew it was going to be a good day because it is my birthday. Birthday's are days that you are spoilt and you allow yourself a bit of slack, even if it is a Tuesday.

My day started early, with two children bouncing on my bed, a cup of tea and an exciting bundle of cards and presents. Any enthusiasm that I woke with, Lily had ten-fold on my behalf. So as soon as I managed to prop myself up on my pillows and had put my contact lenses in, it was a frenzy of cards and present opening.

As ever David, Lily and Arthur gave me the most beautiful, personal presents that I will forever treasure. I have a real weakness for 'collectables for the home', things such as vintage vases and retro ceramics. Over the years David has bought me some beautiful pieces and today he added a gorgeous Bitossi Blu Rimini ceramic cat from The Lollipop Shoppe to my growing collection. Lily and Arthur gave me some beautiful wooden candlestick letters by Studio Yra, a 'L' and an 'A' and a '&' to tie them together nicely. I also have two beautifully painted cards that I love receiving from Lily and Arthur as and when such occasions arise.

Now the day is drawing to a close and I am looking forward to a few glasses of wine and a takeaway supper once the kids are in tucked up in bed and calmness finally enters my day. 
My ceramic cat and my wooden letters now have their new home in my living room and I am enjoying them very much - like the people who gave them to me, they make me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment